a realist who likes to dream. carving out a niche for myself in the world... word by word.

February 14, 2011

Listography: Valentine's Style

In honor of Valentine's Day, I'm going a little out of the norm and making a list of things I love or love doing. I celebrate the love I have with my people daily. So, here's to mixing things up!

1) discovering an awesome, unheard of band or singer-songwriter
2) the perfect combination of creamer and sugar in my cup of coffee
3) buying a new book....
4) finishing a book and pondering upon it
5) writing exactly what I want to say and feeling as if I can finally stop holding my breath
6)seeing my brother and sisters content in their sleep
7) white hydrangeas
8) the burn from a good run
9) sushi that melts in your mouth it's so fresh
10) putting on my pjs after a long day
11) cooking dinner for somebody, anybody, or even just myself
12) the way piano keys feel at the tips of my fingers
13) capturing the perfect image behind the lens (still a work in progress)
14) the smell of sand and salt water
15) snuggling my little love mut, Sooki
16) what every woman loves: candlelit bubble bath with a glass of red wine
17) open windows on a beautiful day
18) learning something new and surprising about myself (another work in progress)

I'm certain I could go back every single day and add something to the list, and maybe I will. Happy Valentine's Day. May it be spent with someone you love or in solitary company doing something you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment