a realist who likes to dream. carving out a niche for myself in the world... word by word.

February 7, 2011

For "My People"

Today, I am thankful. Maybe I am a little late (3 months late to be nearly exact) in feeling an overwhelming realization of the great joys in my life, mainly the people who populate my everyday shenanigans, but better late than never. I admit that I am unconsciously thankful for my people always, but forget to tell them how full and complete they make me. It is with great happiness and sadness that one realizes the near frivolity of everyday life and how small things seemingly make the world go round... how joy is brought to you in the tiniest of packages, but the great things ever present are somehow forgotten or unseen because they are beyond comprehension. I can watch a sunset of smoldering colors and feel warm, tingly, and grateful to have witnessed such simple beauty, but seldom do I recognize that such pleasure would be unattainable without the happiness brought every moment by loving people. Your people make you whole. It is with their presence that one can see the small joys in everyday life... the smell of your coffee brewing in the morning as you wade into semi-consciousness, the wonderful taste of a small memory you roll around and savor, the tingles from that orange and blue sunset as you are driving home. I find I am unable to appreciate my little beauties when I am not in harmony with someone I love and by extension, I am not in harmony with myself. So, thanks, my people. You make me... me.

No comments:

Post a Comment