a realist who likes to dream. carving out a niche for myself in the world... word by word.

March 26, 2011

Four Things

This week's treasures: may they enliven your darkest days.

My sister is an amazing writer. She can pack a big punch in only a few words, a rare talent which really proves how talented she is. Read one of her original poems about the love she shares with her daughter, and you'll understand.
The Education of Emily: An Original Poem

I'm lucky enough to be seeing The Avett Brothers this upcoming Friday along with Band of Horses. Their song "I And Love And You" makes me cry nearly every time I flip to it on my iPod... one of those deep, but light cries that makes you appreciate everything that much more. I hope it touches you like it does me.


Also, you need to check out Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. Just do it, and I promise you will thank me.

This next "treasure" is one recommended by my friend, Pamela. She is reading Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov for an upper level communications class. At first, she complained and winced at the idea of having to read one of those "pathetic, self-help books for needy women only in search of a man." After speeding through more than half the book, she was pleasantly surprised and absolutely loving the humorous writings of Argov. According to Pamela, the author is often right on the mark when it comes to men, women, and their respective peculiarities when dealing with the opposite sex. So, give it a look ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment